Healthy Sleeping Habits
Good sleep hygiene helps a person stay healthy by keeping his or her mind and body rested and strong. The following tips can only serve to promote a better sleep and a better life.
- Get up at the same time every morning.
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
- If you are not asleep after 20 minutes, then get out of bed.
- Begin rituals that help you relax each night before bed.
- Get a full night’s sleep on a regular basis.
- Avoid taking naps if you can.
- Keep a regular schedule.
- Do not have any caffeine after lunch.
- Don’t read, write, eat, watch TV, talk on the phone or play cards in bed.
- Do not have a beer, a glass of wine, or any other alcohol within 6 hours of your bedtime.
- Do not go to bed hungry, but don’t eat a big meal near bedtime either.
- Avoid any tough exercise within 6 hours of your bedtime.
- Try to get rid of or deal with things that make you worry before your bedtime.
- Avoid sleeping pills, or use them cautiously.
- Make your bedroom quiet, dark, and slightly cool.